*steps up to the microphone, coughs to clear throat, looks at cue cards*
Merriam-Webster defines consume in a number of different ways. I’m going to cherry-pick a few for you: to enjoy avidly; to engage fully; to spend wastefully.
Aside from that last one (though not fully excluding because, let’s be honest…) the word “consume” is surprisingly accurate when it comes to the things I watch, read, play, and listen to.
Therefore, to help me keep track of those things, and to share them with you, here is a list of things that have meaningfully occupied by thoughts and attention recently. As always, inclusion does not imply endorsement, but it doesn’t not imply endorsement.
Also, Happy MAR10 day.
- Woke Brands– hbomberguy
- The Darkness– ContraPoints
- Bird Box (2018)
- Mulholland Drive (2001) – watched again for my film team, also because it’s so good.
- Nomad Podcast: Christians in the Age of Trump with Brian Zahnd
- Diane Podcast: Twin Peaks Episode 30 – My Log Has a Message for You (This is an excellent podcast for fans of Twin Peaks. They just started a rewatch of Season 3 and it’s primo).
- Shima by Celer
- Little Fictions by Elbow
- Good at Falling by The Japanese House
- Gris (Original Game Soundtrack) by Berlinist
- “The Hard Lessons of Dianne Feinstein’s Encounter with the Young Green New Deal Activists” by Bill McKibben / The New Yorker
- “What it’s like to write about race and video games” by Gita Jackson / Kotaku
- Undertale (2015/18 Nintendo Switch) – This game is a work of art. It’s also very fun. It’s also very moving. It’s also relatively short. Therefore it checks all of my boxes making it my GOTY.
- Gris (2018 Nintendo Switch) – Oops! Spoke too soon. This game is a work of art. It’s also very fun. It’s also very moving. It’s also relatively short. Therefore it checks all of my boxes making it my GOTY.